- Complexity: medium
- 1 bundle calaloo bush
- 2 – 3 pieces pigtail
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 2 – 3 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 1 small hot pepper (scotch bonnet)
- 2 oz butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp oil
- Black pepper
- Wash and chop the calalloo bush into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the pigtail and onion and stir for a minute. Add the margarine and let melt.
- Add the calalloo bush, pumpkin and cook until the calalloo is wilted.
- Add the garlic, bouillon cubes, all purpose seasoning and rice. Stir well. Add the water and the coconut milk powder. Water should just cover the mixture.
- Add the hot pepper. Do not let burst.
- Let cook until all the water is absorbed and the rice is still firm but cooked. Remove the pepper. Mix and taste to adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.