CHRISTMAS TOSSED SALAD
- Complexity: easy
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 5 – 7 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- Juice of ½ lime or lemon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
In a jar with a tight lid, add the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and shake vigorously. Taste and adjust seasonings. Refrigerate.
Toss the sliced apple with the lime juice.
In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, onion, cabbage, grapes and apple.
Sprinkle with the raisins and toss gently to mix.
Serve with the chilled salad dressing.