- Ready in: 20-25 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 8 – 10 green pommecytheres, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 small hot pepper, chopped fine
- Pinch salt
- Pinch sugar
- 2 blades chive, finely chopped
- 2 blades shadon beni, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground geera
- Place pommecythere in a large pot and just cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- While boiling add the turmeric, garlic, and hot pepper. Let cook for approximately half hour.
- As the mixture cooks, mash the fruit against the sides of the pot with a large spoon. The mixture should thicken slightly.
- Add the salt, sugar and green seasoning. Add the ground geera and stir.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.