ROASTED TAMARIND CHICKEN
- Complexity: easy
- 8 pieces chicken, preferably breasts and thighs
- cleaned, washed and skin removed
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt and black pepper
- ¾ bottle Perfect Peppers Tamarind Salsa
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp fresh green seasoning
- 2 – 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cooking spray
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Place the chicken in a bowl and sprinkle with the lime juice. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients except the cooking spray. Use half of the mixture and rub into the chicken pieces, ensuring they are well covered with the marinade. Set aside the remaining marinade. Refrigerate the chicken pieces for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Place the chicken pieces in the dish and brush with some of the marinade that was set aside.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 35 – 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Halfway through cooking, baste the chicken with the remaining marinade and return to the oven to finish cooking.
- Remove from oven and let rest about 5 – 10 minutes before serving.