BAKE AND FRIED FISH
- Complexity: easy
- Origin: Trinidad
- 4 fish fillets of your choice eg king fish
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4-5 blades of chives, chopped
- 4-5 blades of chadon beni, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of celery, chopped
- Black Pepper
- All purpose seasonings
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- >>FRIED BAKE INGREDIENTS<<
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons all purpose seasonings
- 1-cup water
- 1-cup vegetable oil
Season fish with limejuice, garlic, salt and pepper, all purpose seasonings, chives, chadon beni and celery. Allow to marinade in the refrigerator, while making the bake.
In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasonings. Add water to make a soft dough. Knead until dough is smooth. Leave to rest for half hour.
Cut dough into 4 equal pieces and roll into balls and with a flour dusted rolling pin, roll each ball flat about 1 inch thick.
Heat oil in a frying pan, carefully place dough in oil, fry on each side for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside on paper towels to drain off excess oil.
Coat fish with flour and fry in hot oil until fish flakes, about 5 minutes on each side.
Serve fish in bake with lettuce and tomatoes and condiments of your choice.