TRINIDAD MACARONI PIE
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- 1 pkg macaroni
- 3 - 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp chopped celery
- 1 tbsp finely grated onion
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp paprika
- Black pepper
- Additional grated cheese for top
- Boil macaroni in large pot of boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly butter a large baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add milk, grated onion, celery, chives and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Toss cooked macaroni with grated cheese. Place in greased baking dish.
- Pour milk mixture over the macaroni. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.